Why Air Quality Monitoring?
Carbon dioxide (CO2) monitoring and easy, real-time visibility of data to create a safe environment.
Higher concentration of exhaled CO2 is the strongest COVID-19 infection risk proxy.
Higher temperatures reduce transmission speed of pathogens such as COVID-19.
Higher humidity levels reduce transmission speed of pathogens such as COVID-19.
Inhaling small particles (<10μm) can cause lung or heart related
The impact of poor indoor air quality in buildings and office spaces
Poor air ventilation indoors can have serious health and productivity impacts on building and office inhabitants. Continual research concludes that CO2 levels above 1000ppm are less than ideal, and above 1500ppm can greatly impact productivity and cause serious risk to resident health and well-being, spread COVID-19, and in some cases cause acute and chronic long-term health conditions.
From the advent of COVID-19, the implications of inadequate indoor air ventilation have become more pronounced around the world. The focus turning to building owners and organisation leaders to better manage, control and showcase their buildings’ and offices’ indoor air quality levels so that occupants can feel more secure in their environments, and safe in the air they’re breathing.
Build COVID-19 resilience through better ventilation
Health and wellness, productivity and safety are among initial benefits of CO2 monitoring, but with the addition of COVID-19, business leaders and building owners can more easily manage risk, reputation, and continuity.
When it comes to COVID-19 you can’t manage what you can’t measure. Automated air monitoring solutions can help. Here are some scenarios to consider when analysing the return on investment for your business or building:
- How can you reassure staff and visitors to trust your workplace and health & safety measures?
- How can you inform your decision making about air ventilation improvements with actual CO2 data?
- How can you measure and monitor air quality without somebody having to manually check every hour?
- How will you automatically know in real-time when safe threshold levels are exceeded?
- Who can take action? Is it as simple as opening a window or do you need a centralised system to alert building managers as well as tenants?
- How can you use better ventilation to reduce the risk of having to close premises due to Covid contamination at your workplace?
- How will you know how air quality changes over time – it is dynamic so one time audit will not suffice?
- How do you know if your air quality improvement measures and policies work?
- How can you deploy CO2 monitoring solutions in a fast, easy and non-disruptive way that doesn’t require wiring, access to power supply and specialist tech skills?
- How will you get a view of air quality across all indoor spaces and all buildings in real time, a centralised view and over time for my stakeholders?
- What is the impact on my energy going to be – how do I balance the energy cost of increased ventilation with improved air quality?
How the ESP Air Quality Monitor works: Complete end-to-end IoT solution
The ESP Air Quality Monitor is divided into two parts Sense & Collect and Centralise & Visualise. Here’s how it works.
ESP uses the SigFox Network, dedicated to the IoT, for connecting air monitoring solutions at scale.
Remote, continuous, scalable centralised CO2 monitoring in any indoor environment. Get the right information to the right person at the right time to take the right action.
Plug and play
Connected and operational within minutes. No tech support needed. Easy DIY mounting with simple screws or 3M tape.
Five year battery live. No power supply or wiring needed.
No Wifi or any wiring / cabling required. The 0G Network is independent of your IT infrastructure.
Continuous 24*7 Monitoring
Readings every 30 min and instant threshold alerts. Remote monitoring without the need to be on site.
Instant Data Visualisation
Gain insights, automate alerts. Get reports and audit trails. Anywhere, anytime.
5 Years Maintenance Free
Set and forget for five years without any maintenance or battery changes.
Get in touch
If you would like to understand more about how to efficiently monitor the air quality of your office or building, please fill out the form below and one of the team will be in touch.